Friday 22 February 2013

Things you have to make...

Hi All...I am recovering from surgery at the moment so thought I would share with you some things I have found 'surfing the net' that you may like to try out. I had my gall bladder removed and was recovering well but have picked up a chesty thing which hurts everytime I cough....so my plan to get back to a little hand sewing today has gone out the window.

Some are quick and easy to whip up...others take more time but are still fun!

First up...this recipe for Lemony Lemon Brownies I found last night and want! Doesn't it just look yum? I will be trying this recipe out as soon as I am up to it.

Image Courtesy of Betty Charms & Co

Next....a tutorial from Lori Holt over at Bee in my Bonnet to make a Mini Design Board. I made one as a Christmas gift for a new quilter, unfortunately I didn't see her so I have adopted it and LOVE it (sorry Ann, I will make you another he he). I need to make another couple as I am forever moving one project off it to put a different one on. Lori also has a really cute Row Along going at the moment, and I love reading her blog!

Photo courtesy of Bee in my Bonnet.

Being laid up means I have had time to read a good book again...Emilie Richards is one of my favourite authors who writes some 'quilting related' novels and many others. Wedding Ring is the first I read and probably my favourite - however I also love (and am re-reading) the Happiness Key series.



This site I have discovered recently..lots and lots of FREE patterns! Need to spend a couple of hours looking through them all. The photo is their Cupcakes, IceCream and Birthdays section.



Bonnie Hunter over at Quiltville has lots of free patterns and an awesome blog...it is one of the few I read every day so I don't miss anything.

Image Courtesy of Quiltville.com

And finally one I just have to show you for a stunning Hexagon Quilt....I have bought some fabric to get started but will be buying the paper hexagon templates for this one as it needs 12 000! The instructions are in parts on her blog, who is up for a challenge?

Image Courtesy of Grit's Life

That should keep you all busy for a while! 

Have a great day.

Kylie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment