Saturday 17 November 2012

Makover Time....

Wow time flies...I have a busy week or so..finishing work, some shopping for home....and paperwork (blerk)! Now I have a couple of months off work - YAY!

So, my major project over the coming months is a total makeover of my bedroom.... ;-)

This has never ever been a nice space, it has just been 'functional' made up of hand me downs from my Grandparents furniture which does not match and is in need of restoration work!

I am tired of that and my 'theme' to create a beautiful space can best be described as:

Eclectic look
predominantly red
with florals tan and white.

If you are crafty, a designer or blogger and you have any items or products you think may fit in with that, I would love to see them. If you could leave a comment below with a link - it would be awesome! 

Of course..there will be a quilt and I think it will be using this fabric range - Holly Holderman 'Penelope 4' in red and pink. I LOVE red and pink together - particularly in quilts.



A new bedroom suite is to come....I had my Great Grandparents bed, and debated about painting it white...however I feel like it is 'haunted' (LOL) so I have given it to Wilfred. So many people have owned it and it was our bed when I was married.....so time for it to go and Wilfred loves it - perfect solution!

I would love to know..if you are separated/divorced..did you get a new bed?
Did you have the same feeling of the old one being haunted?
Leave me a comment if you feel comfortable sharing!

Some of the other 'pieces' I have collected so far.....(warning - I did mention eclectic didn't I?)

This awesome badger cushion is by my friend Eileen of Touchwood Design -
you can find lots more of her cushions at her Etsy Store
I have also been working on this cushion - the panel is from Prints Charming (I bought it from Kelani Fabric which is one of my favourite sites to drool over fabric). I stumbled onto the fabric for the outside of the cushion at The Quilters Store - my favourite local patchwork shop here in Brisbane. I knew immediately it was perfect for the look I want and I just used a simple running stitch to outline the motif and the background space.

I also picked up two of these in RED on special..if they don't fit Wilfred wants them as well!



 It is a start - long way to go but I pledge plan hope to get at least one thing done for this project each week...I hope you will enjoy seeing it all come together!

Bye for Now

Kylie  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment