Friday 26 October 2012

The first post....

Good Morning everyone and thanks for visiting my blog....

I have dabbled in blogging a little bit before however work and life got in the way and I was just not diligent with posts.....this time I am determined to make this a fun and relaxing place to share my journey with you.

There have been some big changes in my life recently and coming in the next few weeks..the 'R' word has hit - REDUNDANCY from my supposedly 'secure permanent government job for life'. When the news first hit that we were facing big cuts in our department, I was ready to jump out the window in all honesty. Thought I was secure, life was settling down and then I felt like I had been picked up and shaken again.


However, after working out my $$$ and considering the possibilities that opened up for me, I am mega excited! Lots of plans, lots of open doors, lots of ideas flowing through my head - in reality I was never a 'career government person' anyway. I am going to take a few months off and in that time take a peek into all those 'open doors' and see where I end up. There is no pressure to have to do anything fast - I can take my time and rebuild my life, my health and myself in general.


Prior to working in a 'regular day job' - I taught Patchwork and Quilting for nearly 10 years so that is where my initial direction will be. If you are crafty, new to quilting or always wanted to learn.....this is a GREAT blog for you! I love sharing my passion for making quilts and I am a good teacher (I can say that cause it is the one thing I am great at!). Tutorials, free stuff, mystery quilts, virtual online retreats and lots more will be coming your way.

In the meantime you can see some of my work in my Etsy store....looks a bit bare just now but lots of products and items will be added over the coming weeks - click here to go there now! Also worth a look is my friend Eileen's store..she makes the most amazing cushions...click here to go to TouchwoodDesign.

So...why not subscribe to my blog and join me on this journey - there will be lots of quilting, a few recipes here and there, little quirky crafty things I find here and there and some Wilfred posts thrown in! (Just click the button on the right to subscribe).
 



For those of you that don't know me...I have three LOVES in my life....my son, quilting and diving. You will hear lots more about each of those over coming days and weeks.
BIG oops make that four LOVES,
I forgot Fluffy! 

Enough about me for one day...thanks again for joining me and I hope you come back soon!
Bye for Now

Kylie xo


 


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like your life is going to be differnet from now on. I wish you luck with the future and hope those doors you open are good ones. Look forward to reading more from you in the future. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life will certainly be different now - good luck with your future ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Well done on getting your blog up and running - here's to all the other wonderful things you are going to be doing in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your future posts, I've always wanted to make a quilt. Great first post, found you on blog school. PS fluffy look gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm, might just be a blondinese thing, but you have no way for people to follow your blog, either GFC or by email....just saying!

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete